Friday 3 January 2014

My NBI Clearance experience in NBI Main (UN Ave.)


MABUHAY! WELCOME TO NBI!

Mama woke me early because today is my schedule to apply for my NBI Clearance. It's been a year since i haven't applied for it and I'll be needing it for my Job Applications. (I just recently resigned to work...)

I arrived at 9am sharp in UN Avenue. I was surprised at the quantity of people just queued outside the NBI waiting to be called. It was a shocking view but i had no choice but to wait just like other people do.

source: http://images.gmanews.tv/v3/webpics/v3/2014/01/640_2014_01_03_13_52_14.JPG


The picture above is the queued line for the Gentlemen. According to the Officer-In-Charge that i had talked while i am in the line, there are great counts of men that are applying for their clearances today.


       

This is the queued line for Ladies outside NBI infront of Manila Doctor's Hospital. The shots above is inteaded to capture the horrible footage (for me) of the Towing Services for the Unauthorized Parked Vehicles. I think the owners of the motorcycles and car were also inside the NBI to apply for their  clearances. Almost everyone in the line was very surprised on how the Towing Services recovered  enormous counts of motorcyle and a red car. I also felt sorry for the owners of the sais vehicles.

Going back, still in the line,I am still listening to the audio book from Og Mandino's best selling book, which I started listening when I was already aboard on the Jeepney going to Monumento  LRT Station.

Og Mandino done but I am still in the queue.
From 9am til 11:30 am I queued outside. No umbrella (so instant tanning effect in my skin occurred, thanks to the sunny day). We all just stood in the queue...

At 11:00 am, the Officer-in Charge went to ourline. He counted everyone in the line. "It looks like there is a quota...". just told to myself. 

By 11:30 am, we  finally entered the gate of the NBI. But this is just only the start of the MISERY.
The batch which I was included entered the gate and we saw big counts of people inside and also long queue. Many are still standing! We queued near the Entrance gate adjacent to the tent with some Officers which provides us a  fill-up form for the NBI Clearance.

1:00 pm, everyone inside the NBI is famished and thirsty. Anyway, thanks to the walking sandwich and drink sellers ( by NBI cooperative). I did not bought any from them because for me it was over priced. I am saving my money for my further job applications and other renewals. We also felt the heat of the afternoon and still we are standing...

3:30 pm, we are in the front line of the long queue (well I thought it was). We sat in a mono-block chairs provided by the agency (a big thanks!). The queue of the sitting people is for checking / re validation of the fill-up form. So it's easy if you are the one who did applied for it.. If you are applying clearance for your relatives working in another country, you'll need to answer questions and you must have the important documents needed.. After that, we are back to the mono-block chairs.

4:15pm, we tranffered to the line for Payment Lane. As expected, there is a long queue but we are seated in the waiting area.

5pm, Again we stand for that queue. There were no seats available as we continue. We stood infront of the building in which we will be paying our clearances. We felt a little cool air coming from the building because their air conditioner is in their maximum temperature. (yes!it's a blessing)

6pm, We entered the building. It was really cold inside the building! I made my payment in the Payment Counter at 6:27 pm (According to my receipt.) 
After payment, we need to go to the 2nd floor immediately for Encoding of Data. I waited 1 hr before my turn in the Encoding and Fingerprinting which i think is Hi-Tech (I'm just wondering, why they didn't even wipe the lens with tissue or cloth?).

Hi-Tech, Right?
 Source: http://www.digitalpersona.com/images/right-img.png 

The encoder took me a picture as a part of the Data Collection Procedure. I assumed that i am not pleasing in the picture because of the very long day process ( I might look like a criminal in the picture. LOL!) but on that very moment i really don't care how i look like. I just wanted to end this 1-day long process.

The encoder took my receipt and wrote a date which i can claim my NBI Clearance (January 10, 2014), the reason is there are many pending clearances to be released by the agency..

I leave the NBI vicinity at 8:00pm. I returned in our house at 9:30pm.

********************
I haven't ate lunch. i just took a bottle of Yakult.
This small bottle of Yakult gave me life for this whole tiring day. As i said, i was saving my money and maybe it's a miracle that i haven't felt hungry for the whole day, maybe because i ate a plate of spaghetti for breakfast.
*********************

P.S 
If anyone reading my post and also experienced this, feel free to share it here through commenting.

P.P.S
I am not angry or in againts to the NBI. I was just shocked for the 1-day process. It was really 1-whole-day! My precious time is consumed very well. (hohoho!) I did understand that the agency is having a new system for the clearance but i think the agency must gave the citizens a SHORT NOTICE using the mass media to avoid inconvenience in our part.

SMILE. Never be Angry.




No comments:

Post a Comment